Full written recipe + tips: https://www.thecookingfoodie.com/recipe/Baked-Ziti-Recipe
Greek Moussaka: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8U_29i9Qp5U
Shepherd’s Pie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3EYQARJkLk
Greek Spinach Pie Recipe (Spanakopita): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqqrYNvdHws
Chicken Tikka Masala: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZX3xgbRdVzs
The Cooking Foodie Shop: https://shop.thecookingfoodie.com/
1 pound (450g) Ziti pasta
1 Onion, chopped
3-4 Garlic cloves, crushed
1 pound (450g) Italian sausage/ground beef/ground pork
2-14oz cans (800g) Tomato sauce or marinara sauce
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
1 teaspoon Paprika
1/2 teaspoon Red chili flakes (optional)
1 teaspoon Oregano
1 cup (250g) Ricotta cheese
8oz (225g) Mozzarella
1/2 cup Parmesan
1/2 cup (120ml) water
1. Cook the pasta: to a large pot water add 1 tablespoon of salt and bring to a boil. When water is boiling add the pasta cook to al dente. Drain when ready.
2. Meanwhile: in a large pan heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add chopped onion and sauté until slightly golden, add minced garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes.
3. Add the beef and cook over high heat, breaking it apart with a wooden spoon until no longer pink, about 4-5 minutes. Season with salt, pepper, paprika and chili flakes. Add tomato sauce and water. Simmer for 4-5 minutes and turn the heat off.
4. Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
5. Spread a thin layer of the sauce in the bottom of a 9×13-inch casserole pan. Then combined drained pasta with the meat sauce. Pour half of the pasta-meat mixture into the dish. Then dot the surface with half the ricotta cheese and sprinkle half of the mozzarella cheese and half of the parmesan. Pour the rest of the pasta-meat mixture of the cheese layer, then, dot the remaining ricotta cheese over the pasta, and sprinkle on top with the remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until cheese is melted and golden.
7. Allow to rest for 10-15 minutes before serving.