My ideal fry bake must be golden brown and crisp on the outside with that signature puffed up oval shape that creates the perfect pocket. With a light and fluffy dough consistency on the inside.
Fry Bake Recipe (makes 10 portions)
2 Cups All Purpose Flour
1 tsp yeast
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1 cup warm water
1. Mix ingredients together until a smooth dough is formed
2. Cover and allow to rest for 5 to 10 minutes
3. Portion out into small dough balls
4. Roll out on a floured surface until 4 to 5 inches in diameter
5. Heat oil in a wok or frying pan
6. Fry bakes one at a time
7. Use spoon to bathe the top side of the bake with hot oil while the bottom side cooks.
8. Flip after 30 – 45 seconds
9. Allow bakes to fry for no more than 2 minutes.
10. Drain excess oil then transfer to a bowl lined with paper towels
Serve with your favorite filling.