It’s finally here! Recipe for EGGLESS MACRONS. This has been the most requested recipe for years now!
I can’t wait for you guys to try it at home and fill these macarons with your favorite filling. I filled them with chocolate ganache and caramel. YUM!
37.5 g aquafaba
55 g icing sugar
55g almond flour
33g caster sugar
Note: It is better to use a weighing scale for this recipe to be as precise as possible.
To make these eggless Macarons, you need aquafaba instead of eggs. I used canned aquafaba but you can also make it at home. However, homemade aquafaba isn’t always reliable and I prefer using canned.
How to make aquafaba at home
1. Soak chickpeas in ample amount of water. This needs to be done overnight.
2. The next morning, strain all the excess water. Put the chickpeas in a pressure cooker, immersed in water and cook them until one whistle pops then lower the heat and cook for another 10-15 minutes.
3. Once cooked transfer to a bowl and let it cool in the fridge for 10-12 hours so the aquafaba gets gelatinous.
4. Then strain out the aquafaba store it in an air tight container for 3-4 days.
Another staple ingredient in macarons is almond flour. I used store bought but you can easily make this at home. One risk of using homemade almond flour is that your flour might have too much moisture and this can make your macaron shells crack.
How to make almond flour at home
1. Soak almonds in water overnight and peel off the skin the next morning. Air dry for 1-2 hours.
2. Blend the blanched almonds in a food processor till it reaches a fine powdered consistency.
3. Keep a close eye while blitzing the almonds. If you blitz too much, it can easily turn into paste.
Some tips to help you make the perfect eggless macarons:
– Pre-heat your oven
-Always sift the icing sugar and almond flour so that there are no lumps in your batter.
– To make eggless meringue (from aquafaba) ensure the bowl is dry, grease free
– Bake on a layer of silicone mat or 2 layers of parchment
– Cut the grease on your silicone mat by rubbing a lemon wedge. This will help your macarons rise perfectly
– Tranfer the macaron better in a piping bag and to make sure there are no air bubbles in it, push down the macaron batter whiled filling the piping bag.
– After piping all macaron shells, tap the baking tray on the table to take out air bubbles.
– After cooling and filling your macarons, ideally you should freeze them overnight to make them chewy.
chocolate ganache recipe – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMiOB3-_AJA&t=58s
caramel recipe- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkSOJQJ1hWY&t=264s