Full printable recipe + tips: https://www.thecookingfoodie.com/recipe/Classic-Vanilla-Cake-Recipe–How-to-Make-Birthday-Cake
More cake recipes:
Chocolate Cake: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XBvw_Ty-C0
Red Velvet Cake: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGE-RfP6KRE
Dulce De Leche Cake: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TczaZ_J7SVE
For the cake:
2 1/3 cups (290g) Flour
2 teaspoons Baking powder
1/2 teaspoon Baking soda
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/2 cup (115g) Butter, softened
1/2 cup (120ml) Oil
1½ cups (300g) Sugar
1 cup (240ml) Buttermilk (more if needed)
1 tablespoon Vanilla extract
For the frosting:
2/3 cup (150g) Butter, softened
1/2 cup (120ml) Heavy cream, cold
1¼ cups (160g) Icing sugar
2 teaspoons Vanilla extract
1¾ cups (400g) Cream cheese
1. Make the cake: Preheat oven to 350F (175C). Line two 8-inch (20cm) round cake pans with parchment paper and grease bottom and sides.
2. In one bowl, sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, add salt, stir and set aside.
3. In a large bowl cream together butter and sugar. Then add eggs, one at the time, beating until combined after each addition. Add oil, vanilla extract and beat until incorporated.
4. Alternate adding flour mixture and buttermilk, beginning by adding 1/2 of the flour mixture, then 1/2 of the buttermilk. Then repeat this process. Beat until fully incorporating after each addition.
5. Divide the batter between prepared pans. Bake for about 40 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
6. Allow the cakes to cool for 5-10 minutes in the pan, then release from the pan and let cool completely on a wire rack.
7. Make the frosting: in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add powdered sugar and vanilla extract. Beat until smooth and creamy. In a separate bowl beat heavy cream to stiff peaks. Then fold into the cream cheese mixture.
8. Assembly: Place one cake layer with flat side down. Spread a layer of frosting, place the second layer of cake on top of the frosting, flat side up. Spread evenly the frosting on top and sides of the cake. Decorate the edges of the cake with sprinkles.
9. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
If you like my videos, please subscribe to my channel for new cooking videos: https://www.youtube.com/c/thecookingfoodie?sub_confirmation=1